It is hard to respond to these notes as there is so much going on. I think the thought process is excellent and you literally have an infinite amount of directions you can take.
I think that all the analogs you are making between separate but related concepts is the most interesting thing going on. Sometimes I feel it moves of from the project description, but that is what makes it interesting. you know where you are starting but not where you will end.
Try and keep up this way of thinking/working. It will pay off in the long run I promise. Even if you end up feeling more confused. The only thing you should be careful about is picking one thought and then illustrating it.
what you have here is, what I would call, a concept map. I use these all the time. Just try and find a way to bring this questioning attitude and open mind into the final work. don't let the requirement to make a "finished art piece" close down your explorative impulse.
We can talk more in class about how you can do that. just keep going for now and maybe see how far you can go.
Yeah it was really just a depository of ideas; I will refine the concept more in my proposal, hopefully without suffocating any creative energy or straying too far from the project's objective.
I feel like this assignment will be more process orientated anyway, which is often how I like to work. Looking forward to it!
Hi Heather,
ReplyDeleteIt is hard to respond to these notes as there is so much going on. I think the thought process is excellent and you literally have an infinite amount of directions you can take.
I think that all the analogs you are making between separate but related concepts is the most interesting thing going on. Sometimes I feel it moves of from the project description, but that is what makes it interesting. you know where you are starting but not where you will end.
Try and keep up this way of thinking/working. It will pay off in the long run I promise. Even if you end up feeling more confused. The only thing you should be careful about is picking one thought and then illustrating it.
what you have here is, what I would call, a concept map. I use these all the time. Just try and find a way to bring this questioning attitude and open mind into the final work. don't let the requirement to make a "finished art piece" close down your explorative impulse.
We can talk more in class about how you can do that. just keep going for now and maybe see how far you can go.
Yeah it was really just a depository of ideas; I will refine the concept more in my proposal, hopefully without suffocating any creative energy or straying too far from the project's objective.
ReplyDeleteI feel like this assignment will be more process orientated anyway, which is often how I like to work. Looking forward to it!